• Report:  #1868

Complaint Review: Luis Mendez - Ft. Myers Fla.

Reported By:
- ft.lauderdale, fl.,

Luis Mendez
Office Depot #21 7019 College Pk. Way Ft. Myers, 33907 Fla., U.S.A.
(941) 257-0909
Tell us has your experience with this business or person been good? What's this?
I sold my car to Luis Mendez, 12/04/98 for $2,500.00. Luis agreed to $1,000.00 down and $100.00 per week. I signed over the title of the car to Luis on 12/04/98. I had to ask him almost daily for money.

On 12/16/98 he paid me $400.00,(down payment)! The next payment of $100.00,was on 01/19/99 (not a week later)! This went on until March 29th, 99, with an additional $630.00, for a total of $1,130.00, (to date)!

I took him to small claims court on 07/01/99, because he refused to pay me any more, still owing me $1,470.00!! At this pre-trial date with a mediator, Luis said he paid me the $1,000.00 on 12/04/98, so therefore he only owed me $370.00 more for the car! I refused to settle on this amount, $370.00 and we were givin a court date of 10/25/99. Luis failed to appear.

The judge's order in this case "default, final judgement for plaintiff "," order and adjudged that plaintiff ( David Kufnowski) shall recover from defendent,Luis Mendez, the principle sum of $1,370.00 besides the sum of $115.00 in court costs for a total of $1,485.00, that shall bear interest at the legal rate of 10% for all of which let execution issue"." It is further ordered, ordered and adjudged that defendent shall complete Florida small claims rules form (fact information sheet) and return it to the plaintiff within 45 days from the date of this final judgement". Luis never did this either! What alternatives do I have to get my money from Luis!

I've tried all I know, and need some helpful advise. Can you help me in finding a solution to this on going problem!? You should know, Luis transfered from Office Depot Ft. lauderdale,12/06/99 to The Ft. Myers Fla. store # 21. ( This is the only address I have for him).

1 Updates & Rebuttals


Boca Raton,
Get judgement payment from Luis Mendez

#2Consumer Suggestion

Sun, February 08, 2004

David, If there is a judgment entered, you may file a motion with the presiding court to find him in contempt of court. He will be hit on his credit report, and possibly fined. Then attempt to have his wages garnisheed. You can also sell the debt to a collection agency. Good Luck

Reports & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!